This naturally gluten free bread recipes is soft sweet and moist. It is delicious spread with your favourite nut butter or if you can tolerate, top with real butter! This recipe is made with a blend of Cassava flour which is naturally gluten free and is not a grain. It comes from the cassava plant which is a root vegetable.
It can be enjoyed as a snack or a welcome addition to your breakfast.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 30g butter (replace with coconut oil if you are dairy free)
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- 180g cassava flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a loaf tin with bleach free baking paper
- If you have a food processor place all the ingredients in here and blend until smooth
- If not mash the bananas as fine as possible then add all wet ingredients first, then all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin
- Place in oven and bake for 60-75 minutes. To ensure it is cooked piece with a knife and it is ready when it comes out clean.